Sunday, September 2, 2012

Back to Blogging!

Last year at this time, I was preparing for my final back-to-"school" year.  This year I am back-to-blogging!  My previous post was supposed to be the start of a commitment to post two or three times a week. As you may have noticed...that didn't happen!  Right after we finished helping my friend clean her beach houses (see my last post, Home Sweet Beach Home) our summer whizzed past!  Another unexpected, fast trip to Oklahoma and several sets of company later. I am back to my commitment to post, regularly!

Just a sneak peek into our summer...please stop by again soon for more Summer Fun!

 One of my favorite ways to spend a spring evening...a wienie roast at a friend's house!



 I have to apologize for the quality of these pictures...all were taken on my iPhone and this is obviously a self portrait.  While in OK, I was subpoenaed to testify at a trial.  My dear friend offered to accompany me and we joked that we had better take a picture for my blog.   A little piece of advice...ALWAYS pack a going-to-court dress!  I pack for a wedding, a funeral, a GNO, and a date night whenever we head to OK for an extended period of time but had never even thought of needing a dress to wear to court!  Thankfully, all my anxiety was for naught, I wasn't even called to the witness stand!


 Downtown T-Town (Tulsa) taken from our excellent seats at the new, perfectly located for the optimum view, Driller's Stadium.  After the baseball game an incredible fireworks display took place.



 Although I had lived in the Tulsa area for 20+ years I had never experienced the Jenks Herb Festival.  When a friend invited me to tag along with her and her step mom I jumped at the chance! 


 These ladies are the best friends a girl could ask for (minus 3 who were preparing to send a young lady off to Africa).  We are so blessed that even though I live in NC and one lives in Istanbul, Turkey, we see each other at least twice a year and always eat at PF Changs for our GNO. 


 A day on Skiatook Lake with my man's on his cousin's boat.  We have spent hours on this lake making memories with family and friends.


 The REAL reason we traveled to OK.  Allyson graduated with her fellow home educated friends who she literally grew up with since the age of one.  Here, Andy is presenting me with flowers in honor of Hudson Academy completing the girls' high school education. 

She was ALL smiles!!! 
 
 
 
The Pioneer Woman launched her new cookbook with a party at the Cain's Ballroom, a Tulsa icon. I had never been to the Cains so my dear friend Rhonda joined me for a fun night.  I will post more pictures and details soon!
 
 




No trip to Oklahoma would be complete (at least to me) without at least one trip to Williams-Sonoma.  At the Utica Square location this cute chef has been carved out of a dead tree. 



I'm so glad you dropped by!  Our trip to Oklahoma was full of adventures and I can't wait to share more of them and details of some of those shown above so be sure to return often!

Tell me about your summer...did you explore some new, exotic location or did you have a staycation?

Kim


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see all of your pics! You have definitely had a full summer!
    Look forward to more posts. =)
    xx

    ReplyDelete