Thursday, September 13, 2012

LIFEPROOF



Two essentials for the beach...a great hat and your favorite drink!  I wanted to show you a photo of my Lifeproof case but found it impossible to take a picture of my phone with my phone ;)



The new iPhone5 was unveiled yesterday.  Honestly, I am more than thrilled with my iPhone 4 and have no desire to upgrade but Superman is ready for his contract to allow him to upgrade.  I know for certain that when he does get his new phone he will already have a Lifeproof case on hand, ready to protect his investment. 

My family surprised me with my white iPhone (remember when "white" was new and exciting? to me, it still is) and I immediately ordered an Otter Box in bright green to protect my new, favorite toy.  It arrived quickly, something like 3 days.  My Sunshine gal had to help me get it on my phone and I thought, Oh now my phone is forever protected and this will last a long time.  Not so much...it lasted about 8 months.  I am not one who drops her phone often or is particularly hard on my electronics so I figured I got a lemon.  During this time, I had visited the Apple store for some help with the "cloud".  The employee helping me noticed my broken case and shared with me about how wonderful "this new lifeproof case is".  I was in OK at the time and couldn't find it at a local store so just settled for another Otterbox, thinking I would get back to NC where I could mail back the broken one and get a refund.  Life got in the way, and by the time I was able to mail it back, the 1 year warranty expired. I was now the "proud" owner of two Otterboxes, one of which lasted 8 months and the newest one lasted all of 2 months.  Blah!

In July we had some friends over for dinner and the husband was showing mine his Lifeproof AND the video he had made of his kiddos swimming UNDER water!!!  He told us how even at the beach his phone stayed water and sand proof.  I was SOLD! I knew I wanted that case but hated to spend another chunk of change.

My girls and I were at Best Buy in August and I spotted an entire row of brightly colored LIFEPROOF cases!!  I was so excited to see one in red, my favorite color!  I was going to ask for an exchange (as I had purchased my 2nd Otter from Best Buy) when I realized I had left the pesky clip at home.  A few days later Superman and I returned to the same store where I was delighted to find that they were more than happy to give me full credit on my broken Otter in exchange for a Lifeproof!

A few reasons I think my Lifeproof is the BEST case for my iPhone:

RED! my favorite color, but they have lots of bright colors from which to choose. 

BEACH! proof, really 100% blowing sand and water proof.  I have not had the problem of condensation build up between the screen and protector that I constantly had with the Otter. 

HAIR!  my  hair no longer gets hung up on the silicone part of the case. 

Just to be fair about the Otter Box, Superman has had his iPhone for about 1 1/2 years with the same Otter Box that he purchased the day he bought his phone and it still works perfectly.  He does tell me that the first thing he will purchase for his iPhone5 is a Lifeproof case :)

Oh, and Lifeproof makes the same great case for your iPad and iPod too!

What is your new favorite product?

thanks for stopping by...
Kim
Lifeproof

3 comments:

  1. I have heard of them just recently! Glad to know that you love it! Josh came home with otterboxes on our new phones, so it will have to stay for now. =)
    Miss you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIm - I can't find an email for you so here you go!
    Shrimp and grits Recipe
    Boil: 4 1/2 cups chicken stock. Then, add 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned stone ground grits. (If you use quick cooking grits, the process is a bit different.)
    Stir often and cook for 30 minutes. You may need to add a lil more stock if it gets too thick.

    Remove grits from heat and then add:
    1 tsp. salt; 1/2tsp. pepper; 3 T. butter; 12 oz. cheddar cheese.

    Set grits aside and keep warm while you prep the shrimp.

    Heat a lil oil or bacon fat.
    Add 1 to 2 lbs. medium size shrimp (cleaned). stir occasionally. They cook just a few minutes. Add:
    1 1/2 T. lemon juice
    1 T. worcestershire sauce
    3 T. chopped parsley
    3-4 ea. chopped garlic cloves
    Cook 3 minutes. Serve the shrimp and sauce over top of the grits.
    Garnish with freshly chopped green onions.

    Afiyet olsun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy
    Thank you!!! I am excited to try your recipe!

    ReplyDelete